Saturday, 9 August 2014

Weekly Weigh In and Lesson Learned

I know, I know I didn't post last week.  I just came back from my WW weekly weigh in and thought I better sit down right now and post before time gets away again.

Two weeks ago I was down 1.1 lbs.  Today I was up the 1.1 lbs.  I was on a roll but ended up making some horrible choices this week. My dad became ill and had to be hospitalized.  As you know, I am not good at dealing with stress and food.  He is feeling better.  I was thrown right out of my routine.  I really have to work on dealing with this because let's face it, life happens.

One good thing did come out of this week.  I realized (even though I should have know before) how badly some food choices affect the way you feel.  On Thursday I had more bread than I have had in a long time.   Before we left for the hospital  I had 2 (yes 2) pieces of toast and a boiled egg and 2 cups of coffee.  For mid morning coffee we also had a cookie.  At lunch, we ended up at a diner and we had chicken salad sandwiches (yes, 2 more pieces of bread) and onion rings, along with another 2 cups of coffee. My dinner was not much better.  Not only was I coffeed out, but I felt absolutely horrible and bloated by the end of the day.  There is no way I want to feel like this again.  

So, Friday morning before I went to the hospital I made the time to workout to the Ripped in 30 DVD and I prepared my food for the day.  One of my new favourite breakfasts is peameal bacon (Canadian bacon) with blueberries.  The bacon is lean and is 1 WW points plus each.    Also, I prepared food to bring to the hospital because I knew the cafeteria would not offer many healthy choices.  I brought a boiled egg, fresh cucumbers and a peach.  When my mom and I went down for lunch, I just ended up buying a coffee.  She was so worried that I would not have enough.  I felt so much better than the day before.  On the way home, I picked up Swiss Chalet quarter white chicken and salad.  All in all, I learned a lesson this week.  I just have to remember how horrible I felt and make better choices.



This summer I have not posted any of my garden updates  I'm sure you have really missed them :-)
Our tomatoes and cucumbers have been really pitiful this year.  They are barely growing at all.  However, I did manage to pick some beans the other day.  Not a lot but enough for us.



9 comments:

  1. Katrin,
    You know what's so wonderful about this post?? Your awareness! You have the presence of mind to identify the physical and emotional reactions you're experiencing. I don't know about you--but in my past, I would get so lost in the fog it just became the norm to feel that way--and to eat under stress and emotionally trying times...
    The ability to step outside of this and look at it from the perspective you're choosing is big time, Katrin.
    Great pics!!! Fabulous post. Because we can't adjust our approach if we don't honestly assess where we are...You're very in-tune with where you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sean, I completely understand the "fog". It really is not a good feeling. Feeling in somewhat control really gives me clarity. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Katrin, I'm proud of you. You DID exert great self awareness, and I know you are a better woman today because of it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your dad has not been well, hope he continues to recover and get well soon.

    Good for you preparing and taking in your own food, it certainly does help.

    I love home grown beans......

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katrin I hope your dad will be OK. I know how hard it can be to make healthy choices when under stress, but you're aware of it and can use this opportunity to refocus on making the best choices for your own health. All the best to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your dad, I hope his recovery is fast. It's great that you understood what works for you and what doesn't that way you will always be able to make better choices in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How To Create Mouth Watering Paleo Meals From Scratch in 20 Minutes Or Less By Following A Step-By-Step Cooking Masterclass That Will Make You Look ...
    http://bit.ly/1m8n74r

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazingly, in this part, you will discover Becky's 10 Old School New Body Transformation tips to lose fat.

    http://bit.ly/XxyOfm

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I've been dealing with my younger brother's hospitalization this past two weeks, I have definitely understood my pull towards emotional eating. It's tough! You just gotta stay strong.
    Hope your father makes a speedy recovery x

    ReplyDelete