Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Weekly Weigh In and Taking the Scenic Route

I really didn't want to post this but I did commit to continue blogging.  Maybe not as much as I was hoping but I do want to keep at it.  I was up 1.1 lbs this week at my Saturday WW weekly weigh in.  I am so fed up with taking the "scenic route" with weight loss.

What happened?  I was playing my old game of being really "good" for the day or two before weigh in.  After the WW meeting I am really motivated and manage to stay on track for a couple of days.  I then get a day when I need  crave something.  You know the game, "one day won't hurt".  I'll be really, really good after.  No, no, no.  This definitely does not work and has to STOP!!!.  I am only fooling myself.

On Saturday night, hubby and I decided to go to downtown Toronto.  We ended up at Honest Ed's.   It is a large bargain store  that has been around for over 60 years.  My mother and grandmother used to bring me there when I was a child.  One of their slogans is "Come In and Get Lost" and I did!.  Hubby had never been there, so we decided to go see it before it closes in a couple of years.


Afterwards we went to a Hungarian restaurant down the street and had their wooden plate special.  I don't think there was one healthy option on that plate, but that didn't stop me from having it.  I received a comment from Sean one day.  He said " I resisted for as long as I could because I desperately wanted to be one of those people who could "just be okay and normal." I'm not "normal," and that's okay, I'm "unique" with special needs and attention when it comes to food and exercise. And I'm worth the effort required to live my best life. And you are too."  

I couldn't get this out of my mind after I ate this meal.  Was I trying to be a "normal" person going out for dinner?   I have been successful before and I just have to do it again.  Yes, I am worth it and so are all of you!


12 comments:

  1. Normal: strike that from your brain. Your focus needs to be on HEALTHY. Normal people take statins. Normal people think eating whole grains is healthy. Wrong on both counts.

    Once you get your mindset fixed, it gets easier. That being said, we have decades of faulty thinking and knee-jerk reactions to correct. That's why I created my own mantra, and repeated it to myself every morning for MONTHS. All part of re-training my brain (and, kinda-sorta, my heart/soul.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree that healthy is what I need. Probably retraining my brain is the hardest part but I'm working on it. Thanks Gwen!

      Delete
  2. Hi Katrin - just take one day at a time and enjoy life everyday. What's that saying...it's not how many times you fall, it's how many times you get back up. I have a feeling you are loved by all who know you, regardless of whether you are at goal weight or not. Embrace that positivity!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Marc!

      Delete
  3. You are very worth it. Go for it girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you can do it Katrin! Can't wait to see your numbers next time. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how frustrating fluctuations can be, trust me. I agree with Gwen, don't think of eating like 'normal' people. Create a new normal that promotes your best health. People tell me a little won't hurt, everything in moderation. Well it's a lie, and now that I've got my body used to clean eating I do not even want to risk a single bite that might renew cravings for junk. I love that I don't want to eat unhealthy anymore ... I don't ever want to go back there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't get down on yourself - you do know what you need to do. Just go for it, we're all on your side,

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. I once had named my blog the Japanese proverb:

    Fall Down Seven Times, Stand Up Eight

    We have ALL been there. At some point, something will click, and you'll do it for the final time. I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katrin, Well, I come from the belief that NONE of us are normal. Haha. And yes, I had to come up with an individualized way of eating that nobody thinks is normal. :-)

    ReplyDelete