Thursday, 27 February 2014

Waiting for Summer?

I don't know about you, but I find I always start to get very anxious about my weight around this time of year.  The countdown to summer starts.  We all know what that means, less clothing and the dreaded bathing suit.  Even at my heaviest, I would still wear a bathing suit.  There is no way I wasn't going to enjoy any chance I could get for dipping myself in a pool.  Two summers ago, I was able to wear some really nice fitting shorts and dresses when I was around 150 lbs (give or take a few lbs).  I still worried about what I looked like but I felt more comfortable.


Interesting don't you think!

Fast forward to the present day.  This post is not going to be about how I have not been the stellar weight loss blogger. It would just be the same old story and frankly I am getting sick and tired of hearing it myself.   I am just trying to take it a day at a time.

This week I began the Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 days again.  I had a fitting for the dress for my daughter's wedding and trust me, my arms and top of my back need some help.  I don't have much time, but better late than never.   The weather here has been awful for getting outside for walking or running.  I fit in a couple of days, but it is back to freezing and just plain icy everywhere, so back to the indoors for me.

Please melt!



 

16 comments:

  1. A day at a time is great! I was so glad to see your blog on my list this morning! I hear you about the cold. I think Saturday is supposed to be a little better. I hear that Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is a killer. I have never seen it. Good luck. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice. The dvd is tough but it really works out the arms which I need.

      Delete
  2. Hi Katrin, As you know, I'm a huge fitness advocate. However, I also realize that overall weight is mostly about the foods I eat. So my current summer plan is--of course--challenging exercise, but also pre-summer vegetable salads and all of those foods, like a piece of fruit, that we eat during the summer that make us stay slim in the summer. Good luck with your plan. You've started early enough for it to make a big difference. I'm always skeptical of those people who start in May to look good in June. Lol. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marion. I am really itching to make some grilled veggies too once I can get to the bbq!

      Delete
  3. SO glad to see your blog rise to the top of my blogroll!

    Katrin, until you can get to the BBQ, sautee/stir fry veggies in no-noticeable-flavor coconut oil. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great year you've got your daughters wedding WOW special day.

    I just love that 1950's picture.

    Take Care - Hope it warms up soon

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'd rather look like Marilyn, most men (my hubby included) love curves, not stick figures. Hope your snow melts soon. We're moving toward colder months so we're getting heaps of rain right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I showed my daughhters the comparison pic...very good. In fact, my husband said he prefers a little curve as well.

    I'm learning this is a lifelong journey and as long as we're still attempting to press forward we are successful. Hoping your weatherr warms asw well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wedding?!? How exciting!! Jillians a killer!!! Proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I consider myself a modern, progressive kinda guy, but between a 2014 "sexy" and a 1950s "sexy", I'd go for the 1950s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer the 1950's sexy. I think the "role" models these days are too thin, not a good example for young girls. Have you seen the latest pic of Angelina Jolie? She should have known better than this.

    I love that Jillian workout, it's though but because it's short you can stick to it.

    I keep my fingers crossed that Spring will come your way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marilyn all the way, definitely love the classical sexy look :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi guys.
    The best losing weight program that worked for me is this one: http://likeslikeme.wix.com/diet-plans

    I lost all extra weight with this program!
    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My weight is good. I am saggier than in previous years though. This aging. Thing is not fun for the body

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is good to hear you positive :) Our snow has all melted...hoping yours has too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like a LOT of snow, hopefully it will all melt away and you will be able to meet all your goals. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete