Thursday, 2 January 2014

Plan for Eating

The new year is starting off on the right foot.  In my previous post, I had mentioned that I do want to get to my goal weight this year.  Here is my plan.

I am still going to be going to Weight Watchers.  I really like the group support of the meetings, along with my WW leader.  I also like the accountability of weighing in there on Saturday mornings.  As for eating plan, I used to like that they encouraged us to eat pretty well everything as long as you kept the points for it. However, now I am not so sure that is the right way for me.  I can't justify having a piece of cake and counting the points and feeling ok about it.   Right now, I am going to cut back on the sugar and grains (yes Gwen, I have been paying attention :-).  I don't know if I am really going Primal/Paleo yet but I seem to be heading that way.  I do enjoy eating my  meats, vegetables and fruit.  I will definitely try and stay away from bread.  Basically trying to eat clean and stay away from processed foods.  From what I have been reading, the low carb way will definitely help benefit my eczema, my weight, high blood pressure and energy levels.

Another issue I have to overcome is my binging.  I don't like to talk about it too  much.  It really is a shameful secret that I and anyone else who does it, will not talk about openly.  I honestly have not binged in the last 2 weeks.  I may have had a couple of days of eating a little more than I should but not binging.  Binging for me is uncontrollable eating that goes way past the feeling of fullness.  It really does not satisfy you and actually makes  you feel quite ill and disgusted.  I wish I had wrote the day down on the calendar that I last had a bad day, but I will guestimate it to be December 20th, which now makes me 13 days binge free.  My short term goal is to make it to 30 days.  The long term goal is of course forever, but I will need to take this one day at a time.

Yesterday, I made some cabbage vegetable soup.  It was delicious.  The temperature has dropped here.  Right down it is -15 deg C (5 deg F).  This sure hit the spot.  Hubby and I also went out for dinner and I shocked him by ordering a bunless burger and side salad.  I really didn't miss the bun and felt much better for it when I left.

Here are my January 1st, 2014 (re)start before pictures. Check here for my before pictures at about 233 to 238  lbs. I am not at my highest weight now, but I still have a ways to go to get to goal.




Here's to taking it one day at a time!

18 comments:

  1. Continuing with weight watchers and working on cleaning up your food is a great way to start working towards reaching your goal weight. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to reaching our goals this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your goals and here's to getting them accomplished in 2014. I wish I had an excellent WW leader here. Happy New Year, Katrin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day is all I can handle, when I start looking at the big picture I get overwhelmed and quit! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katrin, thank you for the shout out, but more importantly, I am SO SO excited that you are going to try to go grain-free! I don't have binge issues, but from what I hear, grains are deeply tied to binge issues. And yes, not only your weight, but eczema and high blood pressure got MUCH MUCH better for me, once I gave up grains. Good luck! Any step in that direction will help you reach your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to binge really bad. Now not so much. I kept fighting and the binges got further and further apart and less and less severe. Hopefully you are noticing that trend in your own binge pattern. This is a problem shared by many of us so don't feel ashamed of it. This is our year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having a plan is key! Sounds like you got your mind right where it needs to be!! I'll be reading often for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you checked out the new Simple Start at WW yet? Awesome way to get on track and may be just the thing for you! Good luck and I wish you well iin 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you great success in 2014, Katrin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I firmly believe we do not need to eat the carbohydrates in the amounts that most of us do. I have been following a low carbohydrate, high fat and moderate protein lifestyle for just over five years now. Speaking personally it suits me. I eat between 30 and 50 carbs per day but balance up with moderate protein and higher fat.

    We do not need to eat bread, pasta, rice, biscuits, cakes. Their is far more goodness in broccoli then there is in a potato.

    A reduction in carbohydrate usually means your blood sugars reduce, so a win win situation, whether you are diabetic, pre-diabetic or not. I am not diabetic but this lifestyle will be for life I just feel so much better for it.

    No matter what path you choose. Be healthy and Happy New Year Wishes

    All the best Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck! I'll be definitely here to cheer you on and support you. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck Katrin! You can totally do this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Losing weight shouldn't be as hard as many people try to make it. People who are desperate to achieve weight loss are often prone to take more risks. The only reason most people fail in their fitness goals is that they have good intentions at first to adopt a new lifestyle, yet after a few weeks or months, they abandon their good intentions and slip right back into their old bad habits that gave them the excess body fat in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2014 is going to be our year, I can feel it :) You are looking really well too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. its a reminder to stick to the goal at all times. Not only for a day or two. thanks for the post.

    www.losecheekfatsite.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stopping by to say HI!! And see how its going? Miss hearing from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I definitely feel you with binging, my 2014 goal is to eat less and vary more :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have you tried diet after diet and haven’t even come close to getting the weight you would like to achieve? Then try hypnosis and change your life forever. Trying hypnosis to lose weight has been the greatest decision I have ever made in my entire adult life. My only regret is that I waited so long, after many failed diet attempts and other weird methods, before actually giving it a try. I hope that you guys don’t make the same mistake, and go to http://hypnosis2change.com/services/weight-loss/ before spending your money on something that won’t work.

    ReplyDelete